(преземи го огласот во Word)
The Head Office / Secretariat of the Regional Rural Development Standing Working Group in South-Eastern Europe (SWG) – Skopje is looking for a Junior Project Manager for Climate Adaptation in Agriculture who will be engaged for the following responsibilities and tasks:
Terms of Reference
Junior Project Manager for Climate Adaptation in Agriculture
The Regional Rural Development Standing Working Group (SWG), as a platform for networking and regional co-operation, has been established during the Agricultural Policy Forum 2005 (“Rural Development Opportunities for Co-operation in the SEE”) held in North Macedonia and Serbia in June 2005.
With the International Agreement in March 2009, the SWG is registered as an International Intergovernmental Organization, with its managing and coordinative body – SWG Head Office/Secretariat based in Skopje, North Macedonia. On September 7th 2009, the Law on Ratification of the SWG Agreement has been decisively completed by the Parliament of the Republic of North Macedonia.
The main SWG strategic framework is composed of the following elements:
SWG vision is to promote innovative and sustainable agriculture and rural development through regional cooperation, to improve rural livelihoods in the SEE countries.
Mission - to increase horizontal cooperation among respective countries and territories of South Eastern Europe, by coordinating regional initiatives related to agriculture and rural development and supporting the process of social and economic development of rural areas in SEE region.
General objective of SWG is to facilitate close cooperation between the Ministries of Agriculture and other stakeholders in the field of agriculture and rural development and to support EU integration in SEE. The SWG has four specific objectives on which the organization has focused its work:
- To improve the common understanding on agriculture and rural development policies;
- To assist the improvement of implementing structures and systems for agriculture and rural development, with specific emphasis on cross border cooperation;
- To improve the understanding and use of implementation tools for agriculture and rural development;
- To identify and share information and application of good practice in agriculture and rural development to broaden the rural agenda.
- Tasks of the Junior Project Manager for Climate Adaption in Agriculture
For its regular operation SWG Secretariat is looking to hire a Project Manager for the field Climate Adaptation in Agriculture with the following scope of work:
- Coordinates the activities in the field of Adaptation to Climate Change in Agriculture within the Western Balkan-German Agricultural Policy Dialogue (APD) project;
- Coordinates the work of regional and national experts of a working group on climate adaptation in agriculture;
- Contributes to the exchange with GIZ (German Agency for International Cooperation) on their planned Climate project in the region;
- Coordinate the application process of SWG for an accreditation at the Adaptation Fund;
- Plans and designs relevant projects in the field of climate adaptation in agriculture;
- Organizes, monitors and evaluates project implementation;
- Identifies potential sources for funding of project implementation and acts towards obtaining them;
- Coordinates project staff;
- Manages project budget and project resource allocation;
- Resolves issues and deviations in a timely fashion;
- Identifies opportunities for improvements and makes constructive suggestions for change;
- Prepares regular reports on project progress, issues and solutions;
- Communicates with the SWG Member Institutions on behalf of the organization in relation to project and the general SWG activities;
- Assists the SWG Secretariat Management in activities and tasks related to management and implementation of projects.
- Place of assignment
The position will be located in the SWG Secretariat Headquarters in Skopje or in Belgrade with responsibilities spanning over the entire Western Balkans region. The duty assumes frequent travel in the Western Balkans region and beyond.
The engagement will start in April 2023 and will last until end of 2024 with possibility for annual extension.
- Working language
The official working language of the SWG Secretariat is English.
- Minimum qualifications required for this position
- Master’s degree in any of the following fields: Agro-Economy, Agriculture, Environment, Business Administration, Economics, International Development or related field.
Prior Work Experience:
- A minimum of three (3) years of work experience in the field of agriculture, climate change, environment, nature based solutions, rural development or related topics;
- Preferably, work experiences in the field of climate adaptation in agriculture / nature based solutions;
- Preferably, work experiences in the field of project planning and project management;
- Preferably, work experiences with international or bilateral organisations.
- English proficiency (fluent) speaking, reading and writing is required;
- Proficiency (fluent) speaking, reading and writing is required in at least one of the SWG member states countries and (preferably) good command of one additional members states languages.
Skills and Abilities:
- Analytical and strategic thinking skills;
- Report writing skills;
- Presentation and communication skills;
- Strong computer and digital literacy;
- Strong interpersonal skills and cross-cultural communication, and understanding of diversity and equity;
- Teamwork is key as the Project manager will be an integral part of the SWG team;
- Ability to effectively brief senior officials including proposition of solutions;
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout the Western Balkan region and internationally;
- In possession of a driving licence (B category)
Please send your CV and cover letter by February 15th, 2023 on the following email address: [најави се за да го видиш е-маилот] . stating the position: Junior Project Manager for Climate Adaptation in Agriculture in the subject line. No telephone calls will be accepted!
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.