BAT NORTH MACEDONIA IS LOOKING FOR A LEGAL COUNSEL
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
British American Tobacco North Macedonia is looking for a hardworking, highly motivated Legal Counsel with a positive, can do mind set to join our Legal department, based in Skopje.
As a Legal Counsel in our team you will be responsible for day to day general commercial advice to all parts of the company in North Macedonia, Albania and Kosovo, ensure the timely delivery of legal services to ALMAKO in relation to its business and operations and contribute to the compliance of ALMAKO to regulation and corporate governance principles through the set up and the management of appropriated procedures.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Ensure company’s compliance with global and local policies (Anti Financial Crime Procedure, Standards of Business Conduct, Sanctions procedure, Records management procedure and Contract Management).
- Ensure company’s compliance with local legislation (monitoring and interpreting the legislation environment in which the Company operates) including Data Protection Law compliance(drafting/reviewing privacy notices, consent forms).
- Draft or review different types of contracts and legal documents.
- Draft or review documents of company’s internal bodies.
- File and act as custodian of all original corporate documents of the company. Manage corporate events and issues, manage external legal counsel .
- Provide business legal support and counselling to all business departments, negotiate with authorities or commercial partners.
- Work with functions to understand their needs and wants and execute a range of Legal activities to support the work of the functions
- Proactively manage Records Management programme in order to ensure compliance with the Records Management policy.
- Ensure that all employees understand and support the Corporate Governance strategy and principles (e.g. Standards of business Conduct) to minimize company's exposure to risks while ensuring proper balance between controls, monitoring and the company's activities.
- Manage court and administrative cases with the help of external lawyers.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- University Degree in Law
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a private legal practice or in a corporate environment
- Business English proficiency
- Excellent computer literacy (MS Office- Excel, Windows, financial software programs)
- Ability to convince and influence
- The ability to adapt to change and identify opportunities
- Persistence in achieving the proposed objectives, even under complex or adverse conditions
- Insightful, pro-active, collaborative and consultative.
WE ARE BAT
At BAT, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation.
See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building extraordinary capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
BELONGING, ACHIEVING, TOGETHER
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!