(преземи го огласот како слика)
Head Office / Secretariat of the Regional Rural Development Standing Working Group in South-Eastern Europe (SWG) – Skopje
Terms of Reference Project Manager
The Regional Rural Development Standing Working Group (SWG), as a platform for networking and regional co-operation, has been established during the Agricultural Policy Forum 2005 (“Rural Development Opportunities for Co-operation in the SEE”) held in North Macedonia and Serbia in June 2005.
With the International Agreement in March 2009, the SWG is registered as an International Intergovernmental Organization, with its managing and coordinative body – SWG Head Office/Secretariat based in Skopje, North Macedonia. On September 7th 2009, the Law on Ratification of the SWG Agreement has been decisively completed by the Parliament of the Republic of North Macedonia.
The main SWG strategic framework is composed of the following elements:
SWG vision is to promote innovative and sustainable agriculture and rural development through regional cooperation, to improve rural livelihoods in the SEE countries.
Mission - to increase horizontal cooperation among respective countries and territories of South Eastern Europe, by coordinating regional initiatives related to agriculture and rural development and supporting the process of social and economic development of rural areas in SEE region.
General objective of SWG is to facilitate close cooperation between the Ministries of Agriculture and other stakeholders in the field of agriculture and rural development and to support EU integration in SEE. The SWG has four specific objectives on which the organization has focused its work:
- To improve the common understanding on agriculture and rural development policies;
- To assist the improvement of implementing structures and systems for agriculture and rural development, with specific emphasis on cross border cooperation;
- To improve the understanding and use of implementation tools for agriculture and rural development;
- To identify and share information and application of good practice in agriculture and rural development to broaden the rural agenda.
2. Tasks of the Project Manager
For its regular operation SWG Secretariat is looking to hire a Project Manager with the following scope of work:
- Plans and designs relevant projects contributing to the fullfillment of the SWG mission;
- Develops detailed project plans;
- Organizes, monitors and evaluates project implementation;
- Defines appopriate resource requirements for successful project implementation;
- Identifies potential sources for funding of project implementation and acts towards obtaining them;
- Coordinates project staff;
- Manages project budget and project resource allocation;
- Resolves issues and deviations in a timely fashion;
- Identifies opportunities for improvements and makes constructive suggestions for change;
- Prepares regular reports on project progress, issues and solutions;
- Communicates with the SWG Member Institutions on behalf of the organization in relation to project and the general SWG activities;
- Assists the SWG Secretariat Management in activities and tasks related to management and implementation of projects.
3. Place of assignment
The position is located in the SWG Secretariat Headquarters in Skopje with responsibilities spanning over the entire Western Balkans region. The duty assumes frequent travel in the Western Balkans region and beyond.
This position requires a full-time engagement. The engagement will last until the end of 2023 with possibility for prolongation, as per the needs of the SWG
5. Working language
The official working language of the SWG Secretariat is English.
6. Minimum qualifications required for this position
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Agriculture, Business Administration, Economics, International Development or related field is required;
- Master’s degree would be considered as advantage.
Prior Work Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years progressively responsible experience in the design, management, evaluation of regional development programs that should include
- programming in at least one of the following areas: agriculture, economic growth and competitiveness; governmental policies; governance.
- At least 5 years of experience in working on regional projects in the 6 WB countries.
- Demonstrated experience in fund raising, grant making, organizational assessment and capacity building, and implementing organizations.
- A demonstrated understanding of diversity, equity and principles and programmatic approaches is required.
- English proficiency (fluent) speaking, reading and writing is required.
- Proficiency (fluent) speaking, reading and writing is required in at least one of the member states countries and good command of one additional members states languages.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent technical, managerial, and oversight skills of development programming.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills as well as advanced written and communication skills.
- The Project Manager must be able to collect and analyze large amounts of information and prepare succinct and strategic reports and briefers.
- In possession of strong oral communication skills and an ability to effectively brief senior officials.
- Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to propose solutions in response to complex situations.
- Excellent social and professional judgment in addition to strong interpersonal skills and cross-cultural communication.
- Teamwork is key as the Project manager will be an integral part of the SWG team
- Must also have strong computer and digital literacy and an ability to travel throughout the region and internationally.
- The Project Manager should be able to drive (B category)
7. Application Please send your CV and cover letter in English language by 1st of April, 2023 on the following email address: [најави се за да го видиш е-маилот] . stating the position: Project Manager in the subject line.
No telephone calls will be accepted! Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.